Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Memphis

I believe it was Bryan Darcy James who said it best when he said, “Revivals are for wusses” (or something close to that) on an ATW panel about performing. It’s true and Memphis is just another show that proves his theory. This show is a big splashy musical comparable to Hairspray, but in my opinion Memphis is much better. The show to me is about the passion to do what you think is best regardless of what everyone else thinks and the reality of Newton's law for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Also there is a plot line on how fickle fame can be. Be sure to check it out if you can!

Favorite aspect: Sets – they were beautiful
Favorite number: Stand up
Favorite Song: Memphis Lives in me
Can't get out of my head: Steal your Rock n Roll
Favorite scene: Felicia catching her train or Bus
Talent to watch out for: Derrick Baskin, James Monroe Iglehart, and Hillary Elk.

One question - 30 something producers?

No comments:

Post a Comment