Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why Theatre?

Ever find that when you’re really passionate about something people are always asking you what it is about that thing that makes it so special to you? Well I get that question all the time about theatre. So I decided to take a blog post to try to describe the reason that I love theatre so much.
1. When you watch a show you are often watching dreams come true...whether it's the actors, the crew, the producers, the writers, or the company manager's dream you are watching the fruits of someone labor of love. I don't think I've ever met anyone in the industry who didn't love going to work every day and felt extremely lucky to be where they were. Which is very rare thing; there are not a whole lot of industries out there that can make that claim.

2. The ability to create is almost endless - There is just so much you can put on stage to entertain, make a statement, to encourage and inspire people.

3. It's as scary as it is rewarding - there is something attractive about that combination

4. It's challenging - The theatre industry requires you to think creatively and problem solve every day. Plus it is always different from one day the next.

I guess that's it - at least the reasons that I can put to words. These questions are always hard because I think it's hard to describe anything we love. We don't always know exactly why we love the things we do…we just kind of do.

No comments:

Post a Comment